Preparing Yorkshire Pudding from scratch is a challenge for semi-experienced home cooks. But, if you follow my tricks and tips, you too can prepare your own Yorkshire Pudding ready to impress your guests.
1 1/4 cup of milk
1 cup flour (dry measure)
3 teaspoons of Canola or Grapeseed Oil
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Optional: Just a pitch of white pepper ( if you have it, otherwise use black pepper )
- In a medium size bowl, crack the two eggs, add milk . Mix.
- Add salt and pepper. Begin by mixing in flour with wire whip. Mix well.
- Place to the side for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Get muffin tin ready. Spray metal muffin tray and add 2 teaspoons of oil to each muffin cup.
TIP : Spray top of muffin Tin to prevent Yorkshire from sticking.
- NEXT : Place Muffin tray with oil on a baking sheet and put in 400 degree F oven. Set timer for 6 minutes.
- Bring out muffin tray and pour Yorkshire Pudding mixture evenly into each cup. ( Just 3/4 full )
- Place back in the oven and let bake for 35 minutes.
TIP : After 25 minutes of cooking, turn your muffin tray around 180 degrees, while still in the oven. Be quick and delicate!
- Close oven door and cook for another 10 minutes.
Overall cooking time is between 30 – 40 minutes
TIP : Shut off oven and open the oven door and leave Yorkshire Pudding rest inside the oven for five minutes. This will prevent your Yorkshire Pudding from collapsing.
Voilà – Serve immediately with your Beef or Pork Roast. You can drizzle some gravy in the centre or just eat it as is. Whatever your fancy! Check out more cooking tips and recipes HERE This Christmas 2016 I will be serving Yorkshire Pudding with Triple -A Prime Rib 😎
By Chef Bari
PLEASE DONATE TO CHEFS BEER FUND
Are you enjoying my recipes and stories? Please support my efforts us Chefs