Here’s the Best Carrot Cake recipe in the world :
The Golden Rule in Baking is this :
- Mix dry ingredients first .
- Mix wet ingredients second.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and do NOT over mix.
TIP – Get your ingredients out of the cupboard and grate your carrots before you begin – 2 cups.
Chop 1 cup of walnuts
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
START WITH MIXING THE DRY INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups flour ( sifted)
- 1 teaspoons baking powder (sift)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda (sift)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon (sift)
Mix above ingredients together in a separate bowl for now.
Be sure to mix evenly all the dry ingredients.
NOW – Get out your favourite mixing bowl ( I like my automatic bosch mixer, I bought it 35 years ago and it’s still going strong) or use a Kitchen Aid mixer.
BEGIN MIXING WET INGREDIENTS
Ingredients and Method :
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- Mix to nice and smooth.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla – mix.
- Place mixer on slow / low setting.
- Add 1 cup of canola oil – mix
- Add 2 cups of your shredded carrots- mix
- Add 1 cup of shredded coconut- mix
- Add 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Add 1 can ( 8 oz ) crushed drained pineapple – mix evenly.
MIX DRY INGREDIENTS WITH WET INGREDIENTS
- Spray a 9 X 12 Baking Pan and place cake batter into Pan or use two 8 inch cake pans.
- Place in Preheated Oven – 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. NOW – turn down Oven to 325 degrees F for the next 15 minutes ( Overall Cooking Stage is 45 minutes).
- Take out of oven and do the toothpick test ( Where the toothpick is inserted into your cake and it removes clean – as in no batter) If you’re in a rush ( like I was ) I placed it in the fridge to quickly cool down. YOU must do this before adding the icing – very important!
CREAM CHEESE ICING :
- 1 (8oz ) package of Cream Cheese
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
Note : Double cream cheese icing, if making 2 – 8 inch cake pans.
Mix cream cheese and soft butter together until nice and smooth.
Slowly add in your icing sugar to mix to a nice smooth icing. If it’s for
Christmas 🎄 you can add green or red food colouring if you like. My wife like pink so I made pink for her, as you can see.
Otherwise keep it as is – pearl white.
TIP : Get out your favourite metal spatula and place it in hot water.
Place hot water in a container that will submerge the metal spatula.
YOU could use plastic but metal is by far easier and makes spreading the icing a lot easier.
Take out your COOL DOWN CARROT CAKE and liberally spread on a nice thick portion of icing spreading with the spatula as you go. If it gets hard to spread, just dip your metal spatula into the hot water again, as you go. Spread Cream-Cheese Icing evenly throughout.
If you’re making a birthday cake in a round baking pan, then you should double your Cream-Cheese Icing so you can spread the sides too. Just another tip for you.
Ok – now sprinkle the top with chopped walnuts.