Fettuccine Chicken Carbonara
One of my favourite pasta dishes is Fettuccine Chicken Carbonara that can be made using practically any kind of pasta you have available. If I don’t have fettuccine available, I use the next best pasta in my pantry. Today so happen to be spaghetti. Here’s the recipe : Ingredients:
- 2 raw chicken breast cut into cubes (Tip: Cut slightly frozen – easier and unformed pieces)
- 6 pieces of raw bacon
- 2 cups sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced garlic (Tip: Try to always use fresh garlic and not the already process garlic in a jar. The fresher the better quality.)
- 1/2 cup of cut Green onions
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 – 33 % whipping cream ( 1/2 Litre liquid)
YEILD : 4 guests
Optional: Buy a nice loaf of fresh French Bread METHOD :
- Get all your ingredients ready cut and portioned – as shown in my photo.
- Next – Place your pot with water on the stove for cooking fettuccine. Get that going.
- Take out your deep Brasier sauté pan, placing on the top burner on medium heat. Add Olive Oil.
- Once heated, begin by adding the cut bacon and mushrooms at the same time – sauté for 5 minutes. (Tip: Add the mushrooms will prevent the bacon from sticking to pan.)
- Now add your raw chicken cubes and minced garlic, cook until done. Keep mixing.
- Add fresh green onions, mix evenly throughout.
- Now add 33% whipping cream. It’s important to keep stirring, you may turn down your heat to low.
- Your water should be ready to add your pasta of choice. Cook Pasta until el dente – to the bite. ( TIP : Add 1/4 of pasta water to your sauté pan before you drain your pasta. This procedure is a typical method used by all chefs )
- Now – Drain pasta and add to your sauté pan with the creamy chicken and ingredients. Mix throughout.
- Add some fresh Parmesan – take off stove and serve to your guests. Add more fresh grated Parmesan to your guests plate.
Voila – Bon Appetite! A great dish to impress your guests and it’s quick and easy to prepare. Check out YouTube Video for the finished pasta cooking on the stove too.
Enjoy my recipes and stories ? Please support my efforts- I truly appreciate it ! Thank you, CHEF BARI
Cheers! Chef Bari
- October 2021
- March 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- March 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- February 2019
- November 2018
- June 2018
- April 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- August 2015