1 1/2 cups of unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup ( dry cup) of white chocolate chips
1/4 cup of coconut milk
3 teaspoons of sugar
1/2 cup of hazelnuts
1/2 cup of ground unsweetened coconut for rolling truffles
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of 33 % Whipping Cream ( liquid)
Just so you know I tripled the recipe. For your purpose, use above recipe first to see if you like it. Then go from there.
1. Blend coconut in food processor ( see my YOUTUBE video) . Remove from blender and place in small container.
2. Next — Blend Coconut Milk in food processor and place in saucepan on stove. Heat up under medium- low heat and add sugar. Mix evenly until it comes to a simmer.
3. In a separate bowl place your white chocolate chips. Now add your hot coconut cream into the white chocolate chips. Let sit for 5 minutes and then mix throughout.
4. Now — add 1 1/2 cup of ground coconut to the coconut cream mixture. Once mixed, place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. Bring out mixture from fridge and place in a shallow pan. Now place into a freezer for 2 – 4 hours.
6. Place 1/2 cup of hazelnuts onto baking sheet and place in preheated oven of 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
7. Bring out coconut mixture from freezer and begin forming the coconut mixture around the hazelnut. Form into balls and place on sheet. Put back into freezer for 5 hours or wait until the next day.
8. Next – it’s time to temper your semi-sweet milk chocolate chips. ( see my YOUTUBE video ). To make it easier for yourself, warm up 1/2 cup of 33 % liquid whipping cream and add to chocolate chips. Mix until a nice smooth stream ( see my YOUTUBE video ) Let cool for 10 minutes before dipping the coconut cream balls.
9. Take coconut cream balls out of freezer and begin dipping in the milk chocolate ( see my YOUTUBE video for visual description)
10. Place back into freezer for 4 – 5 hours.
11. Bring out and enjoy !
Please purchase my cookbook Canadian Recipes of the Great White North to support my efforts