Since my adventure with Weight-Watchers, I’ve tried many recipes that will suit my healthy lifestyle. WW doesn’t mean you have to eat boring food. Not at all, it’s just counting points on a regular day plan.
My years as a Chef, it was common to make a fresh sorbet during a fancy plate service. The reason for a sorbet is to clean your palate before you have a main course. As well, it’s used as a dessert.
Please enjoy my version of Orange Mango Sorbet—
4 medium size fresh Oranges peeled ( cut into cubes and remove seeds)
1 cup of Mango Chunks ( frozen chunks or fresh)
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of Splenda or Stevia ( optional)
1 cup of pineapple juice
1 cup of ice cubes
- In a medium sauce pot, add peeled diced orange chunks, 1 cup of frozen mango chunks and 3/4 cup of brown sugar. Add cinnamon and if you like 2 tablespoons of Splenda or Stevia. Reason for me is, I like my sorbet sweeter. You may like a more tart sorbet.
- Begin cooking with 1 cup of pineapple juice for approximately 15 – 20 minutes until it’s starts to simmer. Continue mixing it during this time.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Put mixture into your blender.
- Add 1 cup of ice cubes
- Blend until it’s nice and smooth.
- Strain with a sieve
- Place in shallow pan or glassware.
- Place in freezer from 5 – 8 hours depending on your freezer.
- Remove from freezer and using a small ice cream scoop, begin curling up the shaved fruit ice into your preferred bowl. Serve at once !
Bon Appetite !