Who doesn’t love BBQ Season ? I do ! I do !
Today I’m introducing my newest video on Brick BBQ Chicken with the recipe below.
- 1 whole chicken
Marinade Mix :
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil ( You can use Canola Oil or Peanut Oil. Just don’t use Olive Oil, simply because Olive Oil isn’t a high temp oil. )
- 1 tablespoon Fresh or dry Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Fresh or dry basil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh or dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 cloves of Fresh Minced Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- Remove backbone of the whole chicken. Turn chicken upside down and begin cutting each side of the neck. Then pull off to remove the whole backbone.
- Now wash/rinse your whole chicken in cold water.
- Place chicken as shown in photo.
- Mix the marinade in a small bowl and then liberally rub the whole chicken.
- Squeeze Fresh Lemon onto the chicken.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours to allow the marinade to take hold.
To The BBQ
- Turn on your clean bbq to high and keep covered until the temperature reaches 400 degrees F.
- Now, as shown in video, place your chicken skin-side-down.
- Place on the two bricks or large brick. Cover and let cook at 5 minute intervals. This means, keep checking your chicken every 5 minutes. Because we all have different bbq’s, each one has higher or lower heat. For example Propane isn’t has high heat as gas bbq…
- Cook each side for 10 – 15 minutes and keep adjusting your heat.
- Towards the end I’ll take off the brick. It now to check to make sure the internal temperature is at 165 degrees F. There should be no traces of blood and clear juices throughout the chicken.
- If it hasn’t reach your internal temperature of 165 degrees F, don’t worry, just lower the heat, close the lid and keep cooking it until it’s done.
- Take off bbq and let rest covered in tin foil for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Remove onto a cutting board and cut your chicken into the prescribed pieces that you would like to serve your quests.
I hope you enjoy my recipes and videos. Please support my efforts by purchasing my 2020 – 3rd edition of my cookbook “ Canadian Recipes of the Great White North”