Poached Eggs may be the simplest item to make for breakfast, however you would be surprised how many don’t know how to do it. Therefore I thought I show you Breakfast 101. Believe it or not we Chefs had to preform the easiest tasks, such as preparing eggs and understand the chemistry behind it. We actually had a Breakfast Class 101 during our culinary school.
Here’s the steps in poaching eggs. This will make one serving. If you want 2 servings, double your recipe. If you’re doing 2 servings, it’s best to one serving at a time.
1. Get a small pot and fill it with 2 cups of water.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar per cup.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. While you’re waiting for the water to boil, take two eggs out of fridge.
5. In a small shallow bowl, crack one egg at a time.
6. Once the water boils, turn down heat to medium-low.
7. Now take a wire whip and turn the boiling water into a swirling matter, like a vortex of a hurricane.
8. Now carefully add 2 cracked eggs into swirling water bath.
9. Set timer for 3 minutes if you like your egg runny like my video shows. My wife likes her egg a little more done, so it’s 4 minutes for her.
10. Remove each poached egg from water bath with a strainer.
11. Place on top of your toast.
Voila ! The correct method in making poached eggs. If you want, you can add Hollandaise sauce. See how to make my Hollandaise sauce by clicking on the #linkinbio – just place the word “Hollandaise “ into the search provided or follow link below too.