Here’s my so easy and fast dough recipe to make ( your choice) bread, cinnamon bread, pizza dough, buns or cinnamon buns. It’s so easy you’ll be making a batch everyday!
EZZY PEEZY BREAD, BUNS,CINNAMON BUN & PIZZA DOUGH by Chef Bari
Yield : 4 – 8 guests
- 2 1/2 cups of lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 5 cups of Bread flour ( TIP : if using All Purpose Flour Add 1 tablespoon of Cornstarch and mix throughout)
- 4 teaspoons of salt
- Sift 5 cups of flour in large bowl. Add and mix in 4 teaspoons of salt.
- Take lukewarm water ( no higher then 110 degrees F) . Stir in 2 tablespoon of sugar and sprinkle in the 4 tablespoons of yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes. ( Tip : Place in your mixer bowl so you don’t have to transfer it)
- After 10 minutes, attach your dough hook, if you haven’t.
- Start up mixer on low and add 1/2 cup olive oil to yeast mixer.
- Now slowly add the flour and salt mixer. ( SLOW – add flour gradually as it mixes and then add a little more flour- it really does make a difference)
- Combined and Mix for 8 -9 minutes. It should look “elasticity” . Using a mixer is much easier then kneading your dough mixer by hand. But you can do this by hand, like my grandpa Varze always did. Just use your mixer and make your life easier.
- Now transfer your dough into a large oiled bowl and cover it with a dry cloth. Let it rise in a warm area to double the size. ( approximately 45 minutes to 60 minutes, depending how cold your kitchen is). I noticed ( up here in Canada) during Winter months my dough takes a good hour to rise.
TIP : To find this nice warm area, what I do is turn on my oven to 150 degrees F and then turn off. Place the bowl of dough covered with the dry cloth on top of the stove. Let sit for 45 minutes to 60 minutes – just so it’s double the size.
- Now your ready to make buns, bread, pizza dough or cinnamon buns – your choice.
- If you’re making bread, form into loaf pans and let rise another 45 minutes. Place in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- If you’re making buns, form buns onto baking sheet and also let rise for 45 minutes. Place in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- If you’re making cinnamon buns, see my photos for preparation. Also let rise for 45 minutes. Place in 350 degree oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- If you’re making it for pizza dough, cut into 4 pieces and then just press out onto small baking sheets. Prepare, like my Boston Pizza Copycat – Click here.
I hope you enjoy my latest recipe. Please take a minute to share with your friends.
Please support my efforts by purchasing my 2020 – 3rd edition of my cookbook “ Canadian Recipes of the Great White North”
Read more about my book HERE