A quick and easy dish to prep for Dinner takes little of your time and more time with your family is BBQ TERIYAKI PORK LOIN. The night or mornings before you head off to work, you can quickly place your thinly cut pork loin in a teriyaki marinade so easy to make in less then 5 minutes.
PREP THE MARINADE
1/2 cup of Kikkoman Soya Sauce ( which is real soya sauce)
1/2 brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of dry chilli pepper flakes
1 teaspoons minced garlic
1 fresh lime squeezed
Add all ingredients into bowl and mix. In a flat container, such as a Pyrex rectangle dish, place in your thinly sliced pork loins and add marinade mixture. Mix evenly throughout. Your hands are your best bet. Of course wash your hands before. Place in fridge up to 5 hours or the next day covered. You can also place everything into a large ziplock plastic bag too, if you like. Whichever way, mix well and into the fridge, as stated.
DAY OF DINNER
• Turn on your BBQ – up to 325 degrees F .
• Remove the marinade pork lions from liquid into a separate container with paper towel to help absorb any liquid. This is important or your meat will just boil on the BBQ.
• Spread out your pork loin onto the BBQ and cook for a couple of minutes each side. Crisscross marking each side of the pork loin. Remove and serve with warm Teriyaki Sauce. Goes great with sticky or Basmati rice and nice side of almondine green beans.
Interested in making your own Teriyaki Sauce ? Here’s the recipe below 👇
1/2 cup of finely minced sweet white onions
1 teaspoon of canola or grapeseed oil
1 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1/8 cup of fresh slice ginger or 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 cup Kikkoman Soya Sauce
1/2 cup of Orange Juice
2 cups of chicken stock
3 teaspoons of cornstarch
3 teaspoons of water
• In a medium pot and oil , onion and minced garlic on medium-low heat. Sauté until onions are lightly caramelized.
• Add brown sugar and sliced ginger and mix throughout.
• Add Kikkoman Soya Sauce, orange juice. Bring to a boil.
• Add chicken stock , mix and bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer.
• Let simmer and cook for 10 minutes
• Now mix cornstarch with water and whip into teriyaki liquid. Cook and stir until thickened. Let cook out the cornstarch- approximately 5 minutes.
Serve a generous portion o top of your marinated pork loin — so yummy 😋
Please support my efforts by purchasing my cookbook Canadian Recipes of the Great White North
You can also buy me a coffee