Christmas Nut Bar
There are a lot of Nut Bars out there, but this is NOT that kind of Nut Bar. Introducing Chef Bari’s Christmas Nut Bar.
Prepare your roasted nuts first…Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1/2 cup of Pecans
1/2 cup of Whole Almonds
1 teaspoon of butter
1 teaspoon of canola oil
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1. Place all in the small bowl and mix.
2. Place mixed nuts on baking sheet with silicon liner
3. Place in 350 degree F oven for 12 – 15 minutes.
4. Taste to make sure they have that roasted taste. Careful not to burn.
Set to the side.
1 cup of butter (250 ml )
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
1. Melt butter in sauté pot
2. Add brown sugar and mix throughout.
3. Add roasted nuts to mixture.
4. Cook and stir on medium- low heat for a good 5 minutes.
Set up 9 X 12 inch pan with tin foil liner. Spray liner with cooking spray.
Pour in Caramel Nut mixture into your 9 X 12 pan. Spread out evenly.
Generously Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top of caramel nut mixture.
Place in oven at 200 degree F for 5 minutes. Now your chocolate chips will be easy to spread.
Bring out and spread the warm chocolate with a medium size spoon.
Place in freezer for 1 hour.
Bring out after an hour and break into pieces anyway you like.
FINALLY — enjoy your Christmas Nut Bar with family and friends!
Maybe you’re interested in Lindt Chocolate Spread Swirl Muffins 👇
Here’s a Bonus Muffin Recipe for your enjoyment too —
Please support my efforts by buying my published cookbook “ Canadian Recipes of the Great White North “ It makes the perfect Christmas Gift for the whole family.