In Canada it truly is the Great White North. Our Winters are indeed cold. So – what to do, but make a Winter Wild Blueberry Crumb Cake !
2 cups Flour ( sifted )
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 soft butter
3/4 cup of sugar
1 large or 2 small eggs
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 cup milk
2 cups of washed blueberries
1/4 cup soft butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1/3 cup Flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Sift Flour , baking powder and salt in large bowl.
2. Using mixer place in butter and cream
3. Mix in sugar and mix until we’ll mixed
4. Add large egg and mix throughout
5. Now – Alternate with flour and milk until incorporated ( stir down sides when required)
6. Fold in washed 2 cups of blueberries
7. Place cake mixture into 9 X 13 pan
Method for Crumb Topping
1. Mix all together using your hand or wooden spoon. Make it a rough crumb. Sprinkle on top of cake batter.
Place in 350 degree F oven and bake for 45 minutes
TIP : If you like the toppings more golden brown I placed under the oven’s broiler for 3 minutes- be sure your pan is on medium shelf , and watch it carefully or it will burn. If you’re fine with a blonde look, don’t bother with this step. Myself, I prefer a golden brown topping.
Serve Blueberry or mixed Berry coulis on top w/ a dob of ice cream or whipping cream — your choice !
TIP : If you have strawberries, you can substitute instead of blueberries, if you like.
Ask me about the Mixed BuckleBerry Coulis