What’s for Dinner tonight ?
Thought I share with you my dinner I made for my family last night. Decided to make a healthy style Cordon Bleu Pork Schnitzel. It’s fast and easy to prepare. My photos show you the step-by-step procedure and it’s own 15 minutes ( at the most ) to prepare. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes 400 degrees F . To get the golden brown effect without oil, place it under the broiler ( be sure to watch it carefully because it doesn’t take long).
You can serve it with a Brown Mushroom sauce of your choice. Goes great with spaetzle, mashed potatoes, rice or noodles of your choice.
Procedure: ( all shown in photos below )
- Butterfly Pork as shown
- Place under Saran wrap and pound out with a mallet. Then season both sides.
- Place 2 slices of thin blackforest ham ( or regular deli ham) on top as shown.
- Next, place 2 mozzarella slices on next, as shown.
- Fold as shown
- Shake and Bake ( Breading) in bag, as shown.
- Place on baking sheet with liner and bake in preheated oven ( 400 degree F) for 25 minutes. The cheese should ooze out a little.
- Place under broiler and let get to a nice golden brown.
- Make a nice brown mushroom gravy for it if you like or eat it as is, like we did. However, I missed my mushroom sauce.
- Serve a side of spaetzle or mashed potatoes, or pasta, or rice – your choice. Goes great with asparagus too !
Try it tonight! Share your photo of your copy of my recipe. See other QUICK MEALS – CLICK HERE
Be sure to pass along …
Buy my published cookbook “Canadian Recipes of the Great White North”