Preparing your cake or pastry for the Classic Mirror Glacé is more about the technique then the recipe. However, start with my classic Easy Pezzy Chocolate Cake Recipe – CLICK HERE
NEXT STEP —
After the cake is baked and cooled ( best cooled off in freezer) it’s important to cover it with a rich icing – follow this recipe:
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 sticks (8 oz / 227 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Slice the cake into 2 or 4 pieces before adding buttercream icing.
MIRROR GLACÉ RECIPE
2 1/4 teaspoons powdered gelatin
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 cup good-quality white chocolate disks or chopped white chocolate
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
Add food colouring
• Whisk together the gelatin and 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl; set aside to bloom.
• Combine sugar, corn syrup and 1/3 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar is dissolved and clear.
• Remove the saucepan from heat and whisk in bloomed gelatin to dissolve. Add the white chocolate and let stand 1 minute to melt. Add condensed milk and combine with an immersion blender until smooth.
• Divide the glaze into bowls and one or two colours if desired. When the glaze is between 75 and 80 degrees F, it is ready to pour.
• See video below on how to pour evenly onto the cake.