Weekly night Home Sweet Home Cooking, featuring comfort food is just as important as Fine Dining. On my INSTAGRAM Page I showcase real everyday food as well as gourmet selections.
Seriously— the average person doesn’t have time to cook, and if they do, the prep must be under 20 minutes. On the average, most families want to be sitting down to a warm comfort food option after a hard winter night week in 50 minutes or less.
Last night, by request, I made a Chicken Shepherds Pie instead of using ground beef.
It’s a healthier version of Shepherds Pie by using Chicken Breasts , fresh or frozen vegetables, such as carrots, peas, celery and corn.
Did you know Premium Frozen Vegetables can be better then fresh ? Reason is : The Food Distributors use fresh high quality vegetables before they flash-freeze them. However, look for Premium…
Chicken Breast Shepherds Pie Recipe —
2 tablespoons of Canola oil or Grapeseed Oil
3 cups of fresh or frozen mixed veggies ( carrots, peas, corn )
4 half chicken breast — cooked and diced
1/2 onion diced
2 stalks of chopped celery
2 cooked whole potatoes diced
2 cans of mushroom soup
1/4 cup of chicken stock
Preheat Oven 400 degrees F
6 medium potatoes medium cut in medium pot, fill with water and cook.
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of milk or half & half
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
Method for Mashed Potatoes:
Cook until tender. Drain. Add warm milk and melted butter, including your salt and pepper. Mash with potato masher until nice and smooth throughout.
1. Sauté onions and chopped celery in 2 tablespoons of oil for a few minutes.
2. Add diced cooked chicken breasts and sauté
3. Add 3 cups of warm veggies ( heat in microwave before adding) sauté
4. Add diced cooked potatoes and sauté
5. Add 2 cans of mushroom soup and add 1/4 cup of chicken stock. Mix throughout until a nice even simmer. Approximately 6 – 8 minutes.
6. Generously spray casserole dish with vegetable spray.
7. Add chicken filling mixture.
8. If you want to get fancy, pipe out the mashed potatoes on top, like I did / or place mashed potatoes on top with a spoon – your choice.
9. Place in preheated oven ( 400 degrees F ) on a baking sheet ( to catch overflow) for 35 minutes or until you see it’s browning on top and lightly bubbling.
Voila! Bring out and serve !
This may be a simple quick dish that everyone can do, however, that’s the point of this comfort food on a cold wintery evening. It truly hits the spot !
Join me on Instagram for more easy, quick fun real food recipes