Hi Guys ! Chef Bari here — my weekend recipe is fresh Lobster Neptune. We had the opportunity to visit Nova Scotia this August 2022 ; what an amazing adventure travelling through the Canadian Province of Nova Scotia. A six hour flight to Halifax, a night over to recoup and then off on a road trip across Nova Scotia. We spent a lot of time enjoying fresh seafood 🦞, such as fresh lobster, Digby Scallops, haddock, mussels and cod. The Digby Scallops and fresh Lobster are indeed a must during your stay.
Please enjoy my video :
Here’s the Lobster Neptune Recipe —
3 tablespoons of butter
2 cloves of freshly minced garlic
1 Red Bell Pepper – small cut / diced
1/2 sweet white onion – finely chopped
1 Ib of fresh cooked lobster meat/ chopped
1 1/2 cups of fresh whipping cream ( liquid)
2 tablespoons of cornstarch slurry ( 2/2 of cornstarch and cold water/ mix before adding)
1/4 cup of fresh Parmesan Cheese — finely grated
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a wide sauté pan melt your butter.
2. Add chopped onions and minced garlic ; sauté until onions are transparent
3. Add chopped diced Red Bell Pepper ; again sauté
4. Add warm cream to sauté pan and let simmer on low heat.
5. You have a choice to reduce or add the cornstarch slurry. Cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add your fresh chopped cooked lobster meat, stirring evenly throughout ( heat must be low or your lobster will become tuff)
7. Grate in fresh Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste
Voila ! Your ready to add it as a appetizer dip or on top of your steak, chicken or haddock. You can even have it on a nice baguette or French bread toasted.
If you like, add more whipping cream and you have a fresh lobster chowder. So many ways to use this wonderful dish.
SOCIAL FEED LINKS FOR CHEF BARI
Purchase my cookbook Canadian Recipes of the Great White North
Join me on Twitter:
Join me on INSTAGRAM: