BBQ Tomahawk Steaks w/ Smoker BBQ
Hey Guys ! Chef Bari here. Just came back from a wonderful trip to Yarmouth Nova Scotia. First timer visiting Eastern Canada, and I must say, the Canadian Acadian Culture in Nova Scotia is indeed a plus. We had the opportunity to visit the Historic Acadian Village in southern Nova Scotia. All the French Acadians welcomed us openly with a warm and friendly greeting.
While in Yarmouth Nova Scotia we enjoyed fresh lobster, seafood chowder, digby scallops and Tomahawk Steaks from restaurants to purchasing the steaks at the local store.
I’ll talk more about the seafood later, but today, let’s talk about bbq Tomahawk Steaks using the brand model Traeger Smoker/ BBQ unit.
Please enjoy my video and follow the full recipe here :
BBQ Smoked Tomahawk Steaks
Note : BBQ Smokers are a lot different then the traditional BBQ Unit. Please see my video for more information.
1 or 2 – 24 – 36 oz Tomahawk steaks
Course Salt and Pepper
1/8 cup of Grapeseed or Canola oil
Optional : Steak Rub and 4 tablespoons of whole butter
1. Heat up your Traeger Smoker to 225 degrees F ( Approximately 10 minutes)
2. Be sure you had your flavoured pellets to the side box.
3. Rub the grapeseed oil into your Tomahawk Steaks
4. Season the Tomahawk Steaks literally with coarse salt and pepper
5. TIP : Let your Steaks out of the fridge until it reaches room temperature. Approximately 30 minutes.
6. When the smoker reaches 225 degrees F, Add your Tomahawk Steaks onto the grill. Cook each side for 15 minutes.
7. After it’s finished smoking, remove Steaks and cover with tin foil. Let rest for at least 10 minutes.
8. While you’re waiting, fire up the grill to 450 – 500 degrees F. Approximately 12 minutes.
9. Option: Before placing the Tomahawk Steaks back on the grill, you can use your favourite steak rub, to add extra flavour. However, this is not necessary.
10. Add Tomahawk Steaks on hot grill and now it’s time to place in a meat thermometer that will withstand the heat. Cover lid and cook until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F.
11. Immediately take off the grill and cover again with tin foil for 10 minutes.
12. Optional : After the 10 minutes place back on warm grill and place on a generous portion of butter . Close lid for 1 minute . Cut into portions and serve. Please see my full video for info.
Enjoy — Cheers Chef Bari
Join me on Twitter:
Link to my cookbook on Amazon :
Join me on INSTAGRAM:
Join me on LINKEDIN