Creamy Glazed Heavenly Light Donuts Recipe by Chef Bari
I had so much fun making these wonderful tasty treats. Creamy glazed heavenly light donuts that simply melt-in-your-mouth. They clearly remind me of Krispy Donuts. Fresh and delicious!
Please enjoy my YouTube Channel with a step-by-step procedure in making these yummy donut treats.
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- Sift flour. Add sugar and salt to a dry large bowl. Place to the side.
Wet Ingredients :
1/2 cup of warm milk ( no higher then 109 degrees F )
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of butter – melted ( 40 grams)
- 1 package of dry yeast
- In small bowl add warm milk add sugar and melted butter.
- Now add your yeast. Mix well throughout. Make sure you mix all the yeast.
- You may let it sit for 10 minutes to ensure your yeast is active, or go ahead and follow next step.
- Now take your wet ingredients and mix into larger bowl of dry mix. Mix until all incorporated.
- Get your trusted mixer with dough hook. Mix dough for 6 – 8 minutes.
- Remove from mixer and place back into the larger bowl. But first oil your bowl with canola , grapeseed or olive oil. Cover the bowl with Saran Wrap and a dry cloth.
Place bowl in a warm area :
TIP : To ensure a warm area for your resting dough.
- Turn on the oven 200 F / Perch open w/ Wooden Spoon
- Place cover bowl on TOP of the stove near oven door.
- This will guarantee a warm spot / dough will raise in 2 Hours.
Chef Bari’s Tip of the Day
- After 2 hours has passed by, your dough should have doubled in size. ( If it did not, your yeast wasn’t active )
- Take out dough onto floured surface and roll out, exactly like in my YouTube Video.
- Using a donut cutter ( or in my case, whatever I can get my hands on – See Video ) . Still waiting for a donut cutter for my birthday or you can also donate funds on the bottom of my page if you like.
Note : My donation fund is too help pay for my website, cooking tools and supplies. I appreciate the gesture – Big Thank you in advance, if you do…
- OK – Now cut out into donut shapes with the donut holes – See my Video )
- Cover once again and let rise for another 1/2 hour in a warm place ( use my tip above for faster results ).
- NOW – You’re ready to start frying. So get a pot with a temperature gauge. If you already have a deep fryer at home, then use that. But most of us just use a big steel pot and fill it on 1/4 of Canola Oil. DO NOT USE OLIVE OIL – it does NOT have a high temperature tolerance. Any vegetable should do, but I find Canola Oil the best so far.
- Place on the back of your stove ( safety for your wandering children).
- Place in temperature gauge ( you buy one cheap at Bath and Beyond) for only $15 or check out Amazon too – again – See my Video for the type of gauge ).
- Turn on medium heat and let the temperature rise to only 320 degrees F. No higher ! You want a nice lightly brown donut, not fried chicken!
- Once you’re waiting for the oil,to reach its temperature you can make the Creamy Glaze.
Creamy Yummy Donut Glaze
- 2 cups of Icing Sugar
- 2/3 stick of butter / 75 grams – melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla ( a cap full)
- Between 3 – 6 tablespoons of warm milk
- Sift icing sugar ( otherwise known as powered sugar) into medium bowl.
- Mix in meltdown butter
- Add vanilla
- Add milk little by little until the right thickness for you. See my video for consistency.
NOW – You’re ready to start frying the donuts – See my Video for procedure. Cook until lightly brown on both sides.
- Remove and place on paper towel rack to remove access oil.
- Dunk your warm donuts into the Creamy Yummy Donut Glaze.
- Repeat procedure until all is done.
You must enjoy now – Don’t forget to share with your family or friends – lol.
Viola- Bon Appetite !
Please SHARE , LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL – supporting my efforts, I’m indeed grateful.
Donate to help fund my efforts, equipment and supplies
Support my efforts by buying my published cookbook Canadian Recipes of the Great White North
- March 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- March 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- February 2019
- November 2018
- June 2018
- April 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- August 2015