One of my favourite pasta dishes is Fettuccine Chicken Carbonara that can be made using practically any kind of pasta you have available. If I don’t have fettuccine available, I use the next best pasta in my pantry.
Today so happen to be spaghetti.
Here’s the recipe :
- 2 raw chicken breast cut into cubes (Tip: Cut slightly frozen – easier and unformed pieces)
- 6 pieces of raw bacon
- 2 cups sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced garlic (Tip: Try to always use fresh garlic and not the already process garlic in a jar. The fresher the better quality.)
- 1/2 cup of cut Green onions
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 – 33 % whipping cream ( 1/2 Litre liquid)
YEILD : 4 guests
- Get all your ingredients ready cut and portioned – as shown in my photo.
- Next – Place your pot with water on the stove for cooking fettuccine. Get that going.
- Take out your deep Brasier sauté pan, placing on the top burner on medium heat. Add Olive Oil.
- Once heated, begin by adding the cut bacon and mushrooms at the same time – sauté for 5 minutes. (Tip: Add the mushrooms will prevent the bacon from sticking to pan.)
- Now add your raw chicken cubes and minced garlic, cook until done. Keep mixing.
- Add fresh green onions, mix evenly throughout.
- Now add 33% whipping cream. It’s important to keep stirring, you may turn down your heat to low.
- Your water should be ready to add your pasta of choice. Cook Pasta until el dente – to the bite. ( TIP : Add 1/4 of pasta water to your sauté pan before you drain your pasta. This procedure is a typical method used by all chefs )
- Now – Drain pasta and add to your sauté pan with the creamy chicken and ingredients. Mix throughout.
- Add some fresh Parmesan – take off stove and serve to your guests. Add more fresh grated Parmesan to your guests plate.
Voila – Bon Appetite! A great dish to impress your guests and it’s quick and easy to prepare.
Cheers! Chef Bari
DONATE TO CHEFS BEER FUND
- chef bari
- Easy Recipes
- Italian Heritage
- Meat Dishes
- Pork dishes
- Weight-Watchers Recipes