Make Banquet Style Turkey Stuffing by Chef Bari / October 2022
How to Make Banquet Roll Stuffing by Canadian Recipes of the Great White North. Chefs across North America use this well-known procedure in making turkey stuffing for Thanksgiving and Christmas Banquets.
Here’s a family (smaller) version that you can make in your home for family and friends.
Preheated Oven : 350 degree F
• 1 Loaf of Bread (cut into cubes)
• 1/2 sweet white onion finely diced
• 2 Whole Eggs
• 3 teaspoons of ground Sage
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1/2 cup of chicken stock
• 1 teaspoon of Poultry seasoning
• 2 teaspoon of Chicken base
• 1/2 cup of cooked diced giblets
• 1/4 cup of melted butter
• 1/2 pound of bacon ( you can wrap stuffing with bacon – very tasty) If wrapping with bacon you don’t need the wrap with tinfoil.
1. Get a loaf of bread ( your choice – white, brown or whole wheat)
2. Cut the bread into small cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Saute onions.Let cool and add to large mixing bowl
4. Add two whole eggs
5. Add seasonings: 3 teaspoons of ground Sage, 1 teaspoon of salt. 2 teaspoons of black pepper and 1 teaspoon of Poultry seasoning
6. Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock ( place in microwave for 30 seconds in case the chicken stock is cold. ( Room temperature )
1. Add 2 teaspoons of chicken base and 1/2 cup of cooked diced giblets and cooked turkey pieces. I always mix in cook turkey into my stuffing.
2. The chicken base helps to add a nice flavor to your stuffing.
3. Add 1/4 cup of melted butter
4. Mix all the ingredients within the mixing bowl by hand
Here’s the fun part:
1. Take 12 inches or more of Aluminum wrap and lay it out flat on your table. IF you’re wrapping with bacon, no need. Just make sure the wrapped bacon version is on a rack with baking sheet.
2. Now – take saran wrap and place it flat won’t top of the Aluminum ( tinfoil) wrap.
3. Take your mixture of stuffing and place it out evening within the saran wrap. Form it into a long roll – up to ten inches long. Wrap the saran wrap within the long roll and tighten the ends by rolling the saran wrap in a twist.
4. (Optional): Wrap your stuffing with bacon — delicious option ! Remember— no tinfoil required if you choose this method.
5. Tie the ends with extra saran wrap – both ends.
6. You should have a long roll of stuffing.
7. Now – roll within the Aluminum wrap and place on a baking sheet. Poke the roll with holes using a fork or toothpick. Just shallow pokes along the roll.
8. Place the baking sheet of rolled stuffing into your pre-heated 350 degree oven and let cook for 45 minutes. IF using wrapped bacon option check it after 30 minutes of cooking. Remove excess bacon fat and cook until bacon it nice and crispy. Be careful though — keep watching it, because there’s a fine line from crispy bacon to burnt bacon. So just watch it.
9. Bring out and let cool for 15- 20 minutes. If using tinfoil method, open up and cut into thick slices. You can either place around your plate of turkey or have it’s own plate of sliced round pieces of stuffing.
You have just learned how to cook banquet stuffing, just like we do in large restaurants and famous Resorts. This procedure is very common practice within the hospitality industry. Very rare will we cook stuffing within the cavity of a turkey.
Looking for the right way to cook a Turkey ? Look no further — CLICK HERE.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
May we be thankful for what we have and of course, sharing it with your family and friends 🥰